About Me

header ads

MINISTER KUMAN QUITS PNC




By TODAGIA KELOLA
Post Courier Online, Tuesday 17, September, 2019



A senior and founding member of the People’s National Congress party and Minister for Higher Education, Nick Kuman has announced his exit from the party.

Mr Kuman made this announcement in his electorate while celebrating Independence with his people on Independence day.

He said his decision to quit PNC party was based on the current political situation where despite the party being a key coalition partner in the government, its party leader has been divergent in many government initiatives and actions.

“I as a senior PNC party member cannot pretend that everything is okay. After careful consideration of the whole situation, I want to inform my people of Gumine electorate and my supporters that I am quitting the party that I helped form because I believe that this government of Marape-Steven should be given full support by the party.

He said PNC party played a big part in forming this government with other coalition partners, but the leadership of the party has been going out in public and on social media opposing the government, despite the fact that his very own members are part of this government.

“That’s not healthy. And as for me, serving a remote electorate I had to make a decision. So after consulting my people I have now decided to quit PNC party.”

He said his other reason for quitting the party was based on his experience where the founder of PNC party the late Bill Skate, who voted for and assisted to form a new government in 1999, was sacked.

This resulted in his other party members being penalised.

“I don’t want to go through this experience.
“This is because at the end of the day it’s the innocent people of Gumine who I represent that will be affected in terms of service delivery,” Mr Kuman said.

“Right now because I’m in government things are moving, but if Im in the opposition that will be a different story.”

He will remain with the government as an independent member.

Post a Comment

0 Comments